Housebook Group (“Housebook group”, “Housebook”, “we”, “our” or “us”) provides a platform for online collaboration of real estate developers, brokers (real estate agents) and end-user customers (the “Services”) and is committed to protecting your privacy.
Controller and Processor
In relation to the Client that is a natural person Housebook Investment LLC shall act as the controller (as defined under European Data Protection Regulation (regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”) responsible for processing personal data in accordance with Article 4 (7) GDPR.
When Services are provided to legal entities, we shall process the personal data of Customers as a Processor on behalf of our Client, therefore “Customer Data” means the data Client (as a controller) collects, processes or stores using the Services.
Description of Services
We provide a unified platform for online collaboration and cooperation of real estate developers, brokers (real estate agents) and end-user customers for primary (off-plan) real estate market. The platform provide one-stop shop displaying all the available projects and lots on the selected off-plan market, fulfilling operations of searching, compiling presentation, customer confirmation, booking, viewing, remote signing, electronic document flow moderation for brokers and end-user customers.
It is always up to you whether to disclose personal information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we will not be able to provide you with our services. The amount of your personal data collected depends on the product or services in which you are interested.
Processing of Personal Data by Means of Cookies
Cookies are small text files that your computer or mobile device saves when you visit a website. The next time you visit the Housebook website again, your browser will remember your actions and do some of them for you, such as choosing a language. The following types of cookies are used to improve the functionality of the website and to facilitate its use:
- Session cookies are stored only as long as you do not close the browser. Session cookies help you remember what you’ve chosen on the previous page so you don’t have to re-enter information.
- Persistent cookies identify you as a unique user and, when you return to a website, help you remember information about actions you have taken in the past.
- Tracking cookies are used for website viewing statistics.
- Third-party cookies are used by third-party cookies, such as Google, to serve ads and optimize marketing communications.
If you want to restrict (disallow) cookies from being saved or delete cookies, you can do so by using your browser settings or otherwise. For more information, visit: https://www.aboutcookies.org/ or https://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Restricting (disabling) cookies will prevent certain web site services from working properly. Our website may contain links to other websites. If you use these links, please note that other websites are not controlled by Housebook and Housebook cannot be held responsible for the protection and confidentiality of any information you provide when you visit other websites, and these websites are not covered by this statement. You must exercise caution and review the privacy or privacy statement of the relevant website.
How we obtain Information
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address of your computer. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our Website(s); research and development; customer and account administration; and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
If you provide us with the information about your officials and other representatives, avoid submitting information about private communication means (private phone numbers, private email addresses, residential addresses).
There is also information that may receive from third parties, such as data and technical support providers.
How we use the information
We use information to understand how to improve our Services, respond quickly and efficiently to your inquiries, assist you with any problems you might have in using our Services, prevent fraud or unauthorized use, comply with law and regulations, properly bill you.
Legal basis to process the information
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is
- legal consent with the “Terms of Service” of Housebook Group;
- our legitimate interest – when we inform you about our services, deliver and maintain our services, ask feedback, or provide other relevant marketing information about our services and maintain the customer relationship, our legitimate interest constitute a legal basis for the processing. In this respect, processing of personal information is related to our customers, potential customers, our services and other service providers. When we rely on our legitimate interests as a legal basis for processing the information, we have considered whether or not those interests are overridden by the rights and freedoms of the data subjects and have concluded that they are not;
- complying with a legal obligation, including sharing information with government and regulatory authorities when required by law or in response to legal process, obligation, or request;
- your consent, including sending you certain promotional or targeted marketing communications, opportunities and services that may be of interest to you as well as sending you text messages in order to provide you with communications related to your transaction, extended service opportunities, customer experience surveys, marketing promotions such as coupons, discounts, last-minute specials or loyalty and rewards information.
How do we share the information and who do we share it with
We will not share information unless one or more of the following conditions are met:
- We have your express permission to do so.
- We share information among and between our affiliates who will use the information for the same purposes as we do under this Policy.
- We also disclose information to non-affiliated third parties for routine business purposes, for example, to service providers, consultants and other third parties for the purpose of providing Services to you (for example, cloud communication providers and telephony operators as necessary for proper routing and connectivity).
- We may also disclose information to non-affiliated third parties in response to a subpoena, warrant or court order, or as otherwise required under the applicable law or regulations.
- The disclosure is permitted under applicable law.
- The information is publicly available under the applicable law.
- As part of a business transfer or sale of business through corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution of similar event as part of our assets or due diligence. For our marketing purpose. The disclosure about users engaged in illegal activity or in violation of our contract with them. We may share information if it has been de-identified or aggregated in a way that does not directly identify you.
Security of Information
To protect Information from unauthorized access and use we use physical, procedural and technical safeguards required under GDPR and local applicable law. We secure our website and other systems against loss, destruction, access, modification or distribution of your data by unauthorised persons. However, despite regular checks, complete protection against all risks is not possible.
A data subject or their authorized representative has the following rights:
- to receive information on whether we process the personal data of the data subject and then access them if such are processed;
- to access their own personal data, based on a substantiated written request;
- if necessary, to modify, add or delete any personal data stored on them at any time, based on a substantiated written request;
- to transfer their own personal data from us to another controller, if it is technically possible, based on a substantiated written request;
- to object to the processing of personal data or to make us restrict processing in accordance with the requirements of the applicable regulatory enactments;
- not be subject to fully automated decision making, including profiling, if taking such a decision has legal effects or a similar considerable effect on the data subject;
- at any time to withdraw their consent given to us for the processing of personal data;
- to address issues and complaints about the use of personal data to the empowered body of the Government of Dubai.
Personal data will only be processed for as long as necessary. The storage period may be based on a contract, our legitimate interests or the applicable regulatory enactments (for example, laws on accounting, extinctive prescription, civil rights, etc.).
We do not accept liability for any unauthorized access to personal data and/or personal data loss, if it does not depend on us, for example, due to your fault and/or neglect.
We will share information as described in the section above unless you direct us otherwise by taking one of the below steps. Note that based on the sharing practices above there are certain instances of sharing which you may not opt out. Email us at email@example.com. Requests must include company name, address, contact email and telephone number, name of the contact individual, the account number(s) if applicable is for the business entity(ies) opting out. Incomplete information will delay or possibly prevent our ability to honor your request. Our system will be updated to reflect your privacy preferences within 30 days following receipt of such a request with complete information.
If you have a dispute with us relating to our privacy practices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must be at least 18 years old to access our Services. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose information about users of our website or Services who are under 18.
Contact us If you have any further questions regarding the data we collect and how we use it, please feel free to contact us by email at email@example.com.